NightlyReading

NightlyReading

I created NightlyReading in January 2011 after I had discovered my love of reading during the Twilight era. I enjoy anything YA and even some adult titles.

ARC Review:Twinmaker by Sean Williams

Twinmaker - Sean Williams

To be published November 5, 2013 by Balzer & Bray

Source: ARC from publisher in exchange of an honest review.

When I first started this book, I was throughly confused. It took getting through the first couple of chapters until I understood what exactly was going on and what exactly they were talking about. After that, I was engrossed and sped through the rest of the it.

Mr. William’s created a futuristic world and put a little twist on things. The premise is that of a teen girl (Clair) living in a world where they can actually travel through ports. Not really to different times but to other places. For instance, Clair lives in Maine but goes to school in California. She has a port in her apartment building and steps in every morning and heads off to school like our kids would get the bus. I thought this world seemed really exciting! They could have friends all over the world and just visit them, no problem! They also have an eye piece which to me seemed kind of like what we consider the world wide web. But they are always connected.

So what happens when someone finds a way to produce a special code that can change a persons genetic make up when they travel through a port? This is exactly what happens when Clair’s superficial best friend receives an email stating that she could change anything about herself. But Clair notices a change in Libby and sets out on the most dangerous hunt of her life to find answers and try to save her best friend.

I wasn’t really sure about this book, but like I said, the more I read, the more I just needed to find out how it all ends!  My favorite character was Clair. She seemed so delicate and weak in the beginning of the book and I love to see how much a character changes through a sequence of events. By the end, she was ready to take on the whole world. And really did!

The ending seemed a little flat to me, but I felt that it wrapped up nicely. It did seem a little open ended to where there could possibly be another book in our future…maybe??? I would recommend this book to any sci-fi futuristic lover. I really enjoyed it myself and I do not really have a love of these types of books.