NightlyReading

NightlyReading

I created NightlyReading in January 2011 after I had discovered my love of reading during the Twilight era. I enjoy anything YA and even some adult titles.

ARC Review: Blackout by Robison Wells

Blackout - Robison Wells

This was the first novel that I had read by Mr. Wells. Going in, I had no idea of what I was in store for. The blurb didn’t really give away much information, but it intrigued me enough to REALLY want to read this book! Also, the cover is kind of amazing. Just the fact that the book is about a virus, well, of course I wanted it!

There were many different POVs in this story. Mr. Wells did a fine job with allowing us to see things from many character’s perspective all while allowing the reader to differentiate whom we were with at the time. I had read many other books that had so many POVs that it would get a little confusing as to whom was speaking or thinking. I DID NOT HAVE THAT WITH THIS BOOK! Which was wonderful because I love to get inside the heads of the many different characters.

The storyline was awesomesauce! It kind of reminded me of X-Men. I enjoyed the fact that no two characters had the same powers! And there were a lot! Alec can place thoughts into people’s minds, Laura is VERY strong & Fast, Dan can split concrete with his mind, Aubrey can become invisible and Jack, well…I do not want to give any spoilers!!  Just know that this book is full of action! It was fast paced and will keep you on your toes:-)

There was a little bit of romance in this first installment. Not too much mushy gushy, but I am curious as to what will become of the two love birds. You all know how much I love me some romance in my books!

The ending was wrapped up pretty good and did not leave the reader on too much of a cliffhanger. I can’t wait to see what becomes of all these characters and I am excited to actually meet more like this! I love the super powers aspect of this book!